Welcome! It's Time to Get Your English On!

This blogspot will serve as a common source of communication, updates, information, and reflection. Look to it throughout the rest of our year together for important assignments and thought-provoking links. While at times you will be required to visit and post to this site, you may also feel free to pose a question to our class as a whole, and to whomever else might view our page. Please limit comments to those pertaining to our class topics and related discussion.


From Katie Zelaya, Latino Student Union

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Announcement: Class of 2011 and KD Family

The following was shared by Ms. Cross. Although the dates of the service have changed, I'm sure Jillian's family would like you to know anyway.

For those of you who may not of heard I have some very sad news. One of our seniors, Jillian Wallace, passed away on Tuesday from leukemia.

I spoke with Mrs. Wallace this afternoon and she gave me the details for her daughters viewing and memorial service. She asked me to pass the details on to the King/Drew facaulty and students.

The viewing is tomorrow (12/24) from 12-5 at McKay Mortuary in Lawndale. The address is 3918 Marine Avenue.

The memorial service is Saturday (12/25) at 5 p.m. It is being held at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witness. The address is 12121 Atlantic Blvd. Lynwood Ca. 90262

Following the memorial service will be a repass at a Senior Living Facility's Recreation Hall located at 6030 Crenshaw Blvd, Los Angeles.

1 comment:

  1. Even though I never got a chance to know jillian I am sad to hear that one of my senior classmates has passed away. I am sure jillian was a good student and good person. I would have loved to meet Jillian.

    Rest In Peace my classmate and good friend. We will all miss you very much.

    ReplyDelete